A former virgin's virginity is restored through supernatural means. Often it's not just about simply regenerating the hymen; the virginal state of all the body's involved organs -- and sometimes even the heart/soul -- is completely restored.
to Technical Virgin
. Can be one way to maintain Virgin Power
Anime and Manga
- In the novel Gilligan's Wake, a Mind Screw Deconstruction of Gilligan's Island, Mary Ann's hymen magically grows back every time she has sex, leaving her a perpetual innocent Girl Next Door.
- In the Symphony of Ages series, passing through the core of the world causes all scars and old wounds to be healed. This includes Rhapsody's hymen. A plot point later in the book.
Religion and Mythology
- Supernatural Season 4, Episode 5: "Monster Movie".
Dean Winchester: Well, look at me. I mean, I came back from the furnace without any of my old scars, right? No bullet wounds, knife cuts, none of the off-angle fingers from all of the breaks - I mean, my hide is as smooth as a baby's bottom. Which leads me to conclude, sadly, that my virginity is intact.
- In one episode of King of the Hill, Luann goes through a baptism-like Christian ceremony to symbolically restore her virginity. Peggy does the same thing.
- The houris of the Islamic paradise, and by extension all faithful women who enter said paradise, are said to have their virginity renewed after every time they have sex with their spouses.
- Greek Mythology: At the spring of Kanathos, close to Nauplia, Hera renewed her virginity annually, in rites that were not to be spoken of.
- Discussed in The Order of the Stick after Roy is resurrected. He and his sylph girlfriend Celia have sex offscreen, and they wonder aloud if this means she's taken his virginity.