Successfully launched on the 18th March 2012.
- Image caption:
- Idiot Hair: Rainbow Edition
- Delirium from The Sandman; her hair color changes depending on her mood.
- Ramona Flowers dyes her hair every two weeks. Scott freaks out about it.
- Violet from Ultra Violet, partially because of how the film is designed to resemble a comic book.
- In Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Clementine frequently re-dyes her hair.
- Tonks from Harry Potter often changes her hair color; it is usually a shade of bubblegum, but can turn ginger when she’s angry, gray for a disguise, or any number of other colors at her every whim. Justified as she is a metamorphmagus.
- In Warbreaker the Royal Locks, the sign of Idrian royalty, change color according to the owner's mood. It also can be grown out at will.
- Acheron Parthenopaeus from the Dark-Hunter series can change his hair color at will. So far it's been black, brown, green, purple, platinum silver, black with red streaks, among others. Justified, since he is an Atlantean god.
- Beka from Andromeda has nanomachines that can change her hair to any colour she wants.
- Mrs Slocumbe from Are You Being Served? wears wigs, but every one is a different color.
- Enforced in The Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis. Dobie's actor (Dwayne Hickman) was made to dye his hair blonde in order to distance him from a previous role. When the show was well established, he was allowed to return to his natural brown hair color; however, at times he had to go blonde again.
- Sonika is a Vocaloid example.
- This happens to Nanase (whose hair turns black when her magic burns out) and Susan (when she goes through an angst-induced awakening) in El Goonish Shive.
- Ping from MegaTokyo can change her appearance in response to user feedback. The most obvious changes are to her hair. So far, she's had pale grey, hot pink, and turquoise.
- For a long time, Peejee from Something*Positive would have constantly changing hair, until Randy got tired of changing it.
- minus's hair changes from strip to strip, ranging from red to blue and green without comment – then again, she is omnipotent. It adds to her surreality.
- Flipside has Crest's wizard girlfriend who can change her hair's color and style based on her emotions.
- As a gag in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series, one episode has the villain's hair change color for every single scene he's in.
- The Marquess from The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland... uses magic to change her hair color at will.
- One Harry Potter fanfic has the twins pour potion in the Slytherins' food that makes their hair change color with a popping sound every few hours.
- Not surprisingly, Professor Crazyhair in Yakkity Yak.
- In Hercules, Hades's hair turns from blue to bright orange whenever he is angry. Since his hair is made of fire, this is justified.
- Parodied in Perfect Hair Forever – Coiffio has a Super Saiyan-esque hairdo that continuously changes colors.
- Subverted with Roger from American Dad!, who has a collection of wigs that he swaps around for roleplaying. Many of them are different in color.
Indexes: Hair Tropes, Hair Colors, Amazing Technicolor Index, Personal Appearance Tropes.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable