Ching Chong YKTTW Discussion
Do We Have This One?? Is This Tropable?? A Stock Phrase used by non-Asians to imitate and/or mock the Chinese, and, due to All Asians Are Alike, other Asians, as well as people that are ignorant to Chinese and other Asian languages. The Other Wiki's entry.
- Dumb and Dumberer uses this, when Harry and Lloyd try to communicate with a Chinese exchange student. They then nickname her Ching Chong.
- The Wild World of Batwoman used a spirit that alternated between this and talking very, very slowly during the seance.
- How do Chinese parents name their children? They throw a quarter down the stairs.
- In Chapelle's Show's skit about the blind, black white supremacist Clayton Bigsby, the character refers to this at one point when talking about Chinese people.
- Rosie O'Donnell got in a lot of trouble in 2006 when she made racially insensitive remarks about the Chinese which included this phrase, as seen here.
- The Viral Video "UCLA Asians in the Library." Describing the rude behavior of the horde of Asians in the aforementioned library, who will answer their phones and say "Ohhh! Ching chong ling long ting tong? Ohhh!" just as one is about to have an epiphany while doing Poli-Sci homework.
- In A Very Potter Musical, Harry uses this in the song "Ginny's song reprise (cho chang)", to the white, southern Cho.
- Grampa Simpson does this in one episode of The Simpsons when an Asian orderly (who is speaking perfect English) shows up to return him to the retirement home.
Chinese Man: Come on Mr. Simpson, you need to be back at the Retirement Home.
Grampa: Thank you Ping-Pong.
Chinese Man: My name is Craig.
Grampa: Suuure it is.
-Children of a Lesser Clod
- South Park: when Butters and Cartman try to act Chinese when infiltrating a PF Changs.