Yax: Yeah, old Emmitt. Haven't seen him in a couple of weeks. But hey, you should talk to his yoga instructor. I'd be happy to take you back. Judy: Oh thank you so much, I'd appreciate that more than you can imagine Ruby said you OOHH YOU ARE NAKED! Yax: Huh? Oh for sure, we're a naturalist club. noteSkinny Dipping in the public school. Exposed to the Elements and ready for hiking. Enjoy your stay, because your undies cannot. The Nudist Resort can be a liberating thing for some, as it is a location - usually a park, a beach, a bathhouse, perhaps even a city-block or two - where one can be completely naked in public and not be arrested or put on the sex-offender's list in the process. You can go hiking, go swimming, sell your merchandise, play soccer, have your whole body painted, have a barbecue, etc. Because Naked People Are Funny, these locations often times resort to a Punny Name or two, like "Rosy Cheeks" or "Koala Bares" followed by "Nudist/Naturist/Naked-people Colony/Resort/Beach/Lounge-about." Real-life nudists may prefer the term "naturist" and "naturist resort" instead of "nudist," and such resorts are usually very tight on guidelines and rules to prevent perverts and the unsightly to take advantage of such freedoms. Fiction on the other hand portrays the resorts (from a certain point of view) as either a hidden Eden in mankind's natural state or a den of sin and fornication, both for laughs and titillation. The nudists that inhabit the resorts may come across as unusual to visitors, sometimes confused by why they are looking at them funny (making a rather awkward first impression) and may even have No Sense of Personal Space. Sometimes wearing clothes are considered the taboo, so best you strip lest ye be banned from the pool.
open/close all folders
- In the gathering of the covens at New Avalon in Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose, one of the covens are the Skyclad Coven, every member of the coven completely nude as is their namesake. When they offer one of their members to be the one to reintroduce themselves to the human public, they suggest playing nude volley ball, implying that they are from a nudist resort of some kind.
- One panel in The Far Side had a pair of bears looking down into a nudist camp, one commenting, "Well, there goes my appetite."
- Hogwarts in How Hogwarts Became A Nudist Colony ends up becoming, well, a nudist colony after Hermione's strip-protest for house-elf rights catches on with the rest of the school.
Films - Animated
- In Zootopia, Nick takes Judy to the Mystic Spring Oasis, a naturalist club where she interviews Yax on the whereabouts of Emmit Otterton. The idea of animal nudity freaks Judy out.
Film - Live-Action
- Camp Cutyourgutsout in Nudist Colony of the Dead was once the the Sunny Buttocks Nudist Colony before the nudists that lived there lost the land to a group of Angry Christian prudes in court. After losing their land, the nudists all commit suicide and swear to rise from the grave and take revenge against the Christians.
- Act Naturally involves two estranged stepsisters Leah and Charlie inheriting the Bear Lake Naturist resort from their father.
- In A Shot in the Dark, Inspector Clouseau infiltrates a nudist colony to get to Maria, a key witness in the murder he's investigating. The two then have to escape an assassination attempt and end up arrested for public nudity.
- The Monk episode "Mr. Monk and the Naked Man" had the team investigate a crime committed in a nudist beach, in a nudist neighborhood. The problem is that Monk is averse to nudists.
- In the Murdoch Mysteries episode "Murdoch Au Naturel" revolves around a skeleton discovered at the edge of a naturist colony. During the investigation, Constable Crabtree is sent undercover (sans any cover) into the colony to get information on the victim and possible suspects. Murdoch is also astonished to discover his Love Interest, Julia, is there as well. She finds the naturist life liberating, particularly since it means she doesn't have to wear a corset.
- Episode 73 of The Most Popular Girls in School features a Nude Beach.
- In the Futurama Direct-to-Video film "Bender's Big Score", the Planet Express Crew make a delivery to the Nudist Beach Planet where they stay to relax and meet the Scammers.
- In Rugrats episode "Club Fred", the babies search for the treasure of the titular club so their parents can have a fun vacation. At one point, the babies wander into a nudist beach and think that pirates stole people's clothes. They find a box, but all that's in it are the clothes people put in.
- The season five Hey Arnold! episode "Summer Love" involves Arnold's grandmother finds herself on a nude beach and basically says "when in Rome, do as the Romans..."
- The short-lived Cartoon Network Flash animated show Princess Natasha (produced by Animation Collective) had an episode very briefly cutting away to a nude beach.
- In the Rocko's Modern Life episode "Born to Spawn", there is a shot of a "shell-less beach" for turtles on Kerplopitgoes Island.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.