Single Proposition: Vasquez Always Dies
Vote up for yes, down for no.
This issue has been resolved and voting is closed.
+19 (yeas:37 nays:18)
- A wick check indicated substantial (approximately 30-60%) misuse.
- Character-named trope that
- Requires familiarity with a particular work to make sense.
- Is ambiguous on its own: Vasquez could just as easily be "a Hispanic man" or "the Hispanic character" as "the less-feminine action girl"
- Is ambiguous even with familiarity with the work: Is Vasquez "the less-feminine Action Girl" or "the tough Token Minority chick"?
- Difficulty creating an unambiguous, iconic name for the trope.
NOTE: If this does get renamed, the title Vasquez Always Dies
may be reappropriated for a new trope to match the misuse. This will be decided in a later crowner.
Total number: 1. Number shown: 1.
Total number of votes: 55