Single Proposition: Rename The Boo Radley Take 2
Vote up for yes, down for no.
Renaming The Boo Radley
. Please consider the reasons given before voting.
This issue has been resolved and voting is closed.
+23 (yeas:32 nays:9) Rename The Boo Radley
to rename; Down
to keep the current name.
Reasons against renaming:
- References a classic work of American literature
- Character in question is an example of the trope
- Character's name is unique enough that it is unlikely to be confused for someone else
Reasons For Renaming:
- It's a character named trope with no real context in the name.
- To Kill a Mockingbird is not uniformly 'Required Reading' in the United States, and especially not outside of it. It may be classic, but it's not universally known.
- That Boo Radley is an example of this trope is a plot twist literally revealed in the last few pages, making this title a spoiler.
- Before the revelation, Boo is described as having several other character traits that are completely unrelated.
- The Boo Radley reveal is not what the book is famous for; he's a minor character role in a subplot. As such, even for people who are familiar with the work, the name may not be clear.
- The trope page has not gathered appreciably more wicks or inbound links than it had last time renaming it was discussed, a year ago. While 90+ wicks and 80+ inbounds are not bad numbers themselves, the fact that they haven't changed means that the page is stagnant.
- The wick count is low for a trope as common as this one.
Total number: 1. Number shown: 1.
Total number of votes: 41