Single Proposition: Loot Boxes
Vote up for yes, down for no.
Should Booster Packs be considered Loot Boxes
-2 (yeas:1 nays:3)
Should 'booster packs', as known from Collectible Card Games
and Card Battle Games
be considered Lootboxes
- Points in favour
- Comes in a 'pack' containing multiple pieces of randomized loot with a variety of rarities.
- Obtained outside the game proper
- Allows Bribing Your Way to Victory by their very nature of acquisition.
- Points against:
- Often the game's only method of monetisation, effectively making booster packs the price of admission: You want to play, you pay for Booster Packs. Card Battle Games often contain a slower, free method of playing to obtain them.
- Have been used for decades (at least since 1993 where Magic: The Gathering was created) before the recent controversy about Loot Boxes entered the public opinion.
Total number: 1. Number shown: 1.
Total number of votes: 4