Page Action: The Dragon 2
What would be the best way to fix the page?
This is one of the Tropes Of Legend
, with 13,901
wicks and 40,922
This issue has been resolved and voting is closed.
+19 (yeas:30 nays:11)
Make a Trope Transplant
: move the genuine examples and the definition of "penultimate challenge for the hero" to a new trope that has a more intuitive name via Trope Launch Pad
, and leave the examples of "the Big Bad
's right-hand man" at The Dragon
, along with a description change that makes clear its current meaning in this wiki. The Dragon
would thus become a villainous Sub-Trope
of Number Two
- It's the option that requires the least wick migration
- The vast majority of TV Tropes already thinks The Dragon is the Big Bad's right-hand man
- The Dragon is a pre-existing term; this would result in our having a trope named after a pre-existing term but meaning something different
- The original term of the meaning "penultimate challenge for the hero" would be lost
-9 (yeas:9 nays:18)
Revise the definition for The Dragon
to make it clear that it's NOT the Big Bad
's right-hand man, move the examples of Number Two
to that trope, and remove or replace the current image on The Dragon
for being misleading.
The thread in Trope Repair Shop
- Due to the insane misuse, we would need to move thousands and thousands of wicks to Number Two.
- We would need to force the entire TV Tropes userbase to change their conception of The Dragon, which won't exactly be easy considering it's one of the Tropes of Legend. A perpetual cleanup project would likely be necessary.
- The tropes named after The Dragon list would need to be renamed and have their wicks migrated, increasing an already heavy workload.
was mostly against this option due to the major cons.
-14 (yeas:4 nays:18)
Move the definition "The Hero
's penultimate challenge'' to a new trope with an intuitive name via Trope Launch Pad, and move the examples of "the Big Bad
's right-hand man" to Number Two
- "The penultimate challenge for the hero" would get a better name and the examples of Big Bad's right-hand man would be in the correct trope
- It's the option that requires the most wick migration
- The tropes named after The Dragon list would need to be renamed and have their wicks migrated because their names would no longer make sense, increasing an already heavy workload.
Total number: 3. Number shown: 3.
Total number of votes: 90