Page Action: Strangled By The Red String
What would be the best way to fix the page?
+8 (yeas:20 nays:12) +5 (yeas:20 nays:15)
Rename Strangled by the Red String
and rework to focus on little-foreshadowed, overblown romance. Split the Designated Love Interest
redirect as a trope about someone who's a Love Interest
because the plot says so, without acting the part.
- "Strangled" is too generic and makes the title amount to "Romance, but done badly". A rename can cut down on the trope's potential as a Complaining platform
- Wicks (and even the trope's own example section, pre-overhaul) show a dominating pattern of mentioning/potholing the current title as verbal chaff or a Take That! without any regard for what the trope is about. This is probably a consequence of the above.
+1 (yeas:11 nays:10)
- "Strangled" is a correct term for when an element is doing harm to the show; it may be a harsh term, but the connotation is there
- People will inevitably view this sort of trope with Shipping Goggles, renaming won't get them to stop
- Trope has more than 300 wicks and 2000 inbound links
-12 (yeas:0 nays:12) Total number: 4. Number shown: 4.
Total number of votes: 100