Page Action: Lucky Seven
What would be the best way to fix the page?
+8 (yeas:14 nays:6) Make "Symbolic Seven"
(or some other name) a supertrope
and split off the various types into subtropes when they gather enough examples.
- Different tropes for every usage.
- The "various types" would be only differentiated by being different Lampshade Hangings on the supertrope.
+2 (yeas:10 nays:8) Rename as Symbolic Seven
, keeping all examples of the number seven being used symbolically. Do not split based on the number's different associations.
- Might include meaningless examples of the number's usage
-4 (yeas:5 nays:9) Don't do anything
, keep the Just for Fun
label and the inaccurate title.
- If we keep it as about any appearance of the number 7, maybe it shouldn't be a real trope
- The appearance of number 7 is still used as a trope in certain cases
- The current title doesn't indicate all of its content.
-6 (yeas:2 nays:8) Split it
into tropes for the various attributes of 7 (lucky, divine, perfect, etc)
- It wouldn't leave room for a supertrope when the number is used as a generic "significant" number.
-8 (yeas:2 nays:10) Expand it
to include any mention of 7
- Wouldn't have to find the fine line between intentional and unintentional usages.
- It would include unintentional, not really tropable entries, thus it would warrant keeping the Just for Fun tag.
Total number: 5. Number shown: 5.
Total number of votes: 74