Page Action: Ho Yay Split
What would be the best way to fix the page?
The group of Ho Yay
, Foe Yay
, and Incest Yay
(hereinafter referenced as X Yay
) will be split into YMMV pages for fan reactions, and an objective pages for in-universe examples, as it was decided in this
crowner. But how to do it?
This issue has been resolved and voting is closed.
+19 (yeas:27 nays:8)
Keep the current format of X Yay for the objective scenes
, and launch new pages for those audience reactions as X Yay Shipping
- The tropable, more significant pages would get to keep the more established terms.
- Currently the X Yay titles are used both for objective, and for audience reaction examples. Keeping the old title for one of them wouldn't communicate that a change in its criteria happened.
-5 (yeas:5 nays:10)
Keep the current format of X Yay for the audience reactions
, and launch new pages for those objective scenes as X Yay Moments
- It would at least keep the current speed of YMMV page migration, if the old titles, that are already associated with this subjective status, would stay subjective.
- It would mean more work for editors than the inverted option, since other than removing bad examples, it would also mean renaming the good ones.
-5 (yeas:2 nays:7)
-8 (yeas:2 nays:10)
Keep X Yay as exampleless disambiguation pages
for the fan-speak term, that would lead to the two variations, under new titles, thus creating both X Yay Shipping and X Yay Moment
(Compare this to the precedent that was set by Discontinuity
's split into Canon Discontinuity
and Fanon Discontinuity
- As the current title is associated with both meanings, this would be the most clear way to describe the difference between them.
- Until editors would start to use the new titles, every wick would lead to a redundant page.
-9 (yeas:1 nays:10) Use both X Yay Shipping and X Yay Moments
as the main titles for the two concepts, and only use the old X Yay titles as redirects
, either for audience reactions, or for the objectives, (whichever gets more votes here for keeping them as the main names.)
- The term would stay tied to the concept that more people think it should be tied to.
Total number: 5. Number shown: 5.
Total number of votes: 82