Image Pickin: Kimono Is Traditional
Nominations for replacement images:
This issue has been resolved and voting is closed.
+11 (yeas:13 nays:2) #5 Kimono girl from the HimeCut thread.
- accurate gear and wearing
- traditional haircut ups the traditionalness
- demure and gentle air, goes with the Yamato Nadeshiko implications, traditionalness
- wears uchikake (the over-robe)) which signifies being from a very wealthy/traditional family, being a way more obsolete fashion than the kimono itself
+5 (yeas:8 nays:3) -1 (yeas:0 nays:1)
ignore, accidental post
-2 (yeas:2 nays:4) #3 Group picture all in casual clothes but the one girl◊
(Cropped and resized.)
- Nice juxtaposition of the traditional-ness of the kimono against the casual Western clothing of the others.
- Show the properness and dignity associated with kimono.
- She's not the focus of the picture.
-3 (yeas:2 nays:5) #4 Kimono lady shopping◊
- No clear connection to the trope ("In Japanese works, characters who wear kimono tend to be traditionalists")
Total number: 5. Number shown: 5.
Total number of votes: 40