History WebVideo / Unskippable

30th May '16 11:21:54 AM supergod
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** "''(I) blame the taint''." referencing the ridiculous name for the forces of evil from the ''TwoWorlds'' intro cutscene

to:

** "''(I) blame the taint''." referencing the ridiculous name for [[UnfortunateNames unfortunate name]]for the forces of evil from the ''TwoWorlds'' ''VideoGame/TwoWorlds'' intro cutscene
10th Apr '16 4:51:20 AM TheOneWhoTropes
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* HeyItsThatVoice: Invoked. This was their reaction when they realized that the same voice actress did the opening monologues for both ''VideoGame/EternalSonata'' and ''VideoGame/AceCombat6FiresOfLiberation'', and again, though with a different emotional response, when they realize "Commander 'Lightspeed' Kenny" is also in ''VideoGame/RedFaction: Guerilla''.
** And in the end credits of ''VideoGame/AssassinsCreedII'', it becomes "Hey its that guy", with "Nolan North isn't just doing the same voice in every game, he's doing the same character."
** The ''VideoGame/Halo3ODST'' credits read "NathanFillion plays the same character in everything and, frankly, I'm okay with that."
17th Mar '16 3:43:59 AM morenohijazo
Is there an issue? Send a Message





!!!This series provides examples of:

to:

!!!This !!This series provides examples of:of:


Added DiffLines:

* StoppedReadingTooSoon: The episode for ''VideoGame/DeathByDegrees'' plays this straight during the discussion of an upcoming spy mission.
-->'''Character:''' ...execute a video recon...\\
'''Paul:''' Execute! Got it!\\
'''Graham:''' No, no, no! Execute ''reconnaissance'', not just execute! Stop... stop killing people!
14th Mar '16 8:09:19 PM EnragedFilia
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* ArtifactTitle: Originally the idea was to make fun of actual unskippable cutscenes, but eventually they started taking on skippable ones too. They usually lampshade it when they do.



* ArtifactTitle: they now mock skippable cutscenes, and even not-particularly-interactive first-person sequences. This is [[LampshadeHanging Lampshaded]] first in the ''Videogame/QuantumOfSolace'' episode, and then again in the ''VideoGame/Left4Dead'' episode.

to:

* ArtifactTitle: Originally the idea was to make fun of actual unskippable cutscenes, but they now mock skippable cutscenes, cutscenes as well, and even not-particularly-interactive first-person sequences. This is usually [[LampshadeHanging Lampshaded]] first Lampshaded]], such as in the ''Videogame/QuantumOfSolace'' episode, and then again in the ''VideoGame/Left4Dead'' episode.
6th Mar '16 2:56:12 PM wrm5
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

* UselessProtagonist: A lot of protagonists from the games they do are accused of this, often rightly. Used by name to describe Rush Sykes from ''VideoGame/TheLastRemnant'', calling him the "useless, nameless protagonist."
2nd Jan '16 2:56:02 PM LentilSandEater
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* ColorCodedCharacters: [[LampshadeHanging Lampshaded]] in the E3 2010 trailer of ''{{Tron}} Evolution: The Video Game''.

to:

* ColorCodedCharacters: [[LampshadeHanging Lampshaded]] Parodied in the E3 2010 trailer of ''{{Tron}} Evolution: The Video Game''.



* MoralDissonance: Lampshaded InUniverse with ''{{Genji}}: Days of the Blade'', when they note the good guys were apparently trying to commit genocide.

to:

* MoralDissonance: Lampshaded InUniverse Discussed with ''{{Genji}}: Days of the Blade'', when they note the good guys were apparently trying to commit genocide.



** The line "And that was the [number]th time I died," every time a cutscene ends with the main character's apparent death. Lampshaded in the stinger for ''VideoGame/TheDarkness 2'' where they mention they considered retiring the gag but it just comes up too often.

to:

** The line "And that was the [number]th time I died," every time a cutscene ends with the main character's apparent death. Lampshaded Discussed in the stinger for ''VideoGame/TheDarkness 2'' where they mention they considered retiring the gag but it just comes up too often.



* StockScream: Lampshaded in the intro of ''VideoGame/RedFaction: Guerilla''.

to:

* StockScream: Lampshaded StockScream:
** Mocked
in the intro of ''VideoGame/RedFaction: Guerilla''.
4th Dec '15 3:32:02 PM freefall4242
Is there an issue? Send a Message


The show was born as part of the Escapist Film Festival, where its pilot episode garnered enough votes to become a regular feature. It proved successful with the site's audience (who liked a bit of [[WebAnimation/ZeroPunctuation game humor]]), and has continued ever since.

to:

The show was born as part of the Escapist Film Festival, where its pilot episode garnered enough votes to become a regular feature. It proved successful with the site's audience (who liked a bit of [[WebAnimation/ZeroPunctuation game humor]]), and has continued ever since.
humor]]).
4th Dec '15 3:32:02 PM freefall4242
Is there an issue? Send a Message
28th Nov '15 11:42:36 AM Morgenthaler
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** From their ''VideoGame/{{Battlefield}}: [[VideoGame/BattlefieldBadCompany Bad Company]]'' episode: "And thus is the curse of the controllable vehicle section at the beginning of first-person shooters. ''VideoGame/TheDarkness'', ''VideoGame/FarCry2'', ''BadCompany''... you will never end one ''conscious''."

to:

** From their ''VideoGame/{{Battlefield}}: [[VideoGame/BattlefieldBadCompany Bad Company]]'' ''VideoGame/BattlefieldBadCompany'' episode: "And thus is the curse of the controllable vehicle section at the beginning of first-person shooters. ''VideoGame/TheDarkness'', ''VideoGame/FarCry2'', ''BadCompany''...''Bad Company''... you will never end one ''conscious''."
23rd Nov '15 4:35:05 AM erforce
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* LaughablyEvil: A variant. They think [[FarCry3 Vaas]] would be fun to hang out with 75% of the time, and "ungodly terrifying" the remaining 25%.

to:

* LaughablyEvil: A variant. They think [[FarCry3 [[VideoGame/FarCry3 Vaas]] would be fun to hang out with 75% of the time, and "ungodly terrifying" the remaining 25%.
This list shows the last 10 events of 146. Show all.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=WebVideo.Unskippable