Toggle Random Buttons
Browse the Tropes
Ask the Tropers
Recent Page Type Changes
Ask The Tropers
You Know That Show...
Trope Launch Pad
Crime & Punishment
Music And Sound Effects
Characters As Device
Laws And Formulas
Truth And Lies
Truth In Television
Fate And Prophecy
You need to
to do this.
if you don't have an account
History WMG / SoldierOfTheMist
Back To: WMG / SoldierOfTheMist
24th Oct '12 10:20:21 PM
Is there an issue?
Send a Message
line(s) 1 (click to see context)
[[WMG:Latro, from Soldier of Mists, Soldier of Arete and Soldier of Sidon by Gene Wolfe is really the avatar of Ares.]]
* His name means 'warrior'. He is a Roman, member of a nation to eventually conquer Greeks.
* Ares is the only one of the twelve Olympians he hadn't met. Obviously he hadn't met himself!
* He is in fact, unbeatable, and is all-knowing about battles and war.
* He appears as Pleistoros, Trakean god of war.
* He finds Aphrodite to be most beautiful of the goddesses he meets.
* He is capable of threatening Persephone who specifically comments that a "common mortal" is incapable of harming her... yet she retreats from him when he advances. He notes that he has no idea if he is a mortal or not.
* The Spartans are typically the force that moves Latro along in the plot if he becomes stuck; as Pindaros points out, when the group is moving towards the shrine of Kore (as opposed to Persephone, despite them being the same goddess), it is the fact that the Spartans and their Helots abduct them that they move in the right direction.
This list shows the last 1 events of 1.