Toggle Random Buttons
Browse the Tropes
Ask the Tropers
Recent Page Type Changes
Ask The Tropers
You Know That Show...
Trope Launch Pad
Crime & Punishment
Music And Sound Effects
Characters As Device
Laws And Formulas
Truth And Lies
Truth In Television
Fate And Prophecy
You need to
to do this.
if you don't have an account
History VideoGame / Onslaught2
Back To: VideoGame / Onslaught2
7th Jul '12 3:44:19 AM
Is there an issue?
Send a Message
Onslaught 2 is a Flash TowerDefence WebGame that can be played [[http://onslaught.playr.co.uk/ here]]. In it, you face against hordes of random objects that are trying to attack the US Area 51 base.
What sets Onslaught 2 apart from most other TowerDefence games is the large number of [[CombinationAttack "combos"]] that your towers can perform. Adjacent towers at maximum power can execute a combo that does a ludicrous amount of damage to a large group of enemies, making it a key strategy to defeating opponents. Furthermore, there are also other towers that help to boost the ability of your towers.
'''Tropes used for this game:'''
* AwesomeButImpractical: The Black Hole combo may be a OneHitKill and all, but enemies defeated by it do not count towards kill score or resources, which is harmful in the long run.
* EverythingTryingToKillYou: You face off against blue octopi, red bugs, happy-faced stars, jetplanes, spaceships, yellow ranger heads, printer icons. Really, this game should receive a LetsMockTheMonsters due to the nonsensical nature of the Mooks.
* CombinationAttack: The main selling point of the game are the combos that you can create with towers.
* RailGun: One of the "special" towers you can obtain.
* StaticStunGun: The Taser Tower, which slows down enemies that it zaps.
* NukeEm: The Nuke combo, obviously.
This list shows the last 1 events of 1.