We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues
Welcome To TV Tropes
Ask The Tropers
Trope Repair Shop
You Know, That Thing Where...
Remember That Show?
Where is that trope?
Just For Fun
Works That Need A Summary
Trope Repair Shop
Recent Page Type Changes
Find recent edits by troper:
back to: TearJerker / AvengersAcademy
go to discussion page
24th Jun '14 9:18:29 AM
Send Doc_Loki a standard message explaining an
line(s) 15 (click to see context)
* A lot of moments in the last two issues are Tearjerkers in retrospect, now that AvengersArena has killed off half the cast. Especially Mettle and Rockslide bonding, and the whole graduation.
6th Dec '13 8:09:44 AM
Send PaulA a standard message explaining an
line(s) 13 (click to see context)
* Taskmaster's conversation with Finesse, who's possibly his daughter, takes a sad turn after several pages of them fighting.
* Finesse, gifted with the ability to mimic any fighting skill she sees, thinks the Taskmaster might be her father because of their similar power. They spar to get the readings from one another and Taskmaster tells her that the mimicry power comes at a cost: the loss of long-term memory. They might be related; they might not be. But not only will he eventually forget the entire conversation they had, he won't even remember who she is:
line(s) 14 (click to see context)
* Hank's broken reaction when he finally has to admit that Jocasta is right that he's not able to bring Jan back whole yet, and that Jan would have hated to come back as anything less after having had to see her own mother live her life as a vegetable after a car accident. Just the look on his face when he finally forces himself to let go of his obsessive quest and say goodbye is crushing. And then later he discovers the body he was trying to revive ''wasn't even her'' and she's still nothing but scattered molecules out in the void somewhere. ----
14th Nov '13 4:11:43 PM
Send Izzie a standard message explaining an
line(s) 12 (click to see context)
* Taskmaster's conversation with Finesse, who's possibly his daughter, takes a sad turn after several pages of them fighting. --> '''Taskmaster''': I wanted ta fight you 'cause... I thought if I remembered your moves, I might remember you. But all your moves are somebody else's. Just like mine.
This list shows the last 3 events of 3.
TV Tropes Foundation, LLC
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from