History Series / Firefly

18th Apr '16 12:04:55 PM SteveMB
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** Jayne Cobb, who is just about the last person on ''Serenity's'' crew that you would expect to play guitar or send money to his momma. He's also the first one to join Book in saying grace. In the ''Firefly'' 10th anniversary special "Browncoats Unite", Creator/AdamBaldwin confirms that he portrayed Jayne as being a man of God.

to:

** Jayne Cobb, who is just about the last person on ''Serenity's'' crew that you would expect to play guitar or send money to his momma. He's visibly affected when one of the Jaynetown villagers [[TakingTheBullet takes a shot intended for him]]. He's also the first one to join Book in saying grace. In the ''Firefly'' 10th anniversary special "Browncoats Unite", Creator/AdamBaldwin confirms that he portrayed Jayne as being a man of God.
12th Apr '16 1:18:59 AM morenohijazo
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

* HospitalSurprise: In the episode ''Out of Gas'', Mal passes out from blood loss and oxygen deprivation just as he restarts the engine, but before he can give the signal for his crew to return to Serenity. He wakes up in the medical facility, with the rest of his crew around him, being treated by Simon. It turns out that Zoe, who had last been seen unconscious and severely injured from an explosion, ordered the crew to go back for Mal, without waiting for his signal.
29th Jan '16 5:20:55 PM mcgrew
Is there an issue? Send a Message


-->'''Mal''': Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.



* TheCastShowoff: In case you did not know beforehand, "Safe" shows you that Creator/SummerGlau is a ''damn'' good dancer. Creator/AdamBaldwin also plays guitar.
24th Jan '16 4:04:41 PM nombretomado
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* AuthorTract: 80% of "Objects In Space" is Jubal Early echoing Creator/JossWhedon's existentialist views with Simon at gunpoint. The other 20%? SummerGlau's bare feet, and [[ShirtlessScene Sean Maher's bare torso]]. [[Creator/JossWhedon Joss]] goes into even greater detail in the solo commentary which accompanies the episode.

to:

* AuthorTract: 80% of "Objects In Space" is Jubal Early echoing Creator/JossWhedon's existentialist views with Simon at gunpoint. The other 20%? SummerGlau's Creator/SummerGlau's bare feet, and [[ShirtlessScene Sean Maher's bare torso]]. [[Creator/JossWhedon Joss]] goes into even greater detail in the solo commentary which accompanies the episode.



* TheCastShowoff: In case you did not know beforehand, "Safe" shows you that SummerGlau is a ''damn'' good dancer. Creator/AdamBaldwin also plays guitar.

to:

* TheCastShowoff: In case you did not know beforehand, "Safe" shows you that SummerGlau Creator/SummerGlau is a ''damn'' good dancer. Creator/AdamBaldwin also plays guitar.
26th Dec '15 10:55:07 PM Zaptech
Is there an issue? Send a Message


*** That said, River has her own almost literal BerserkButton, but she can't control it and it's made her insane. [[spoiler: Until the end of Serenity, at least.]]
**** What enables the aforementioned spoiler? [[BigBrotherWorship Her brother in danger.]]

to:

*** That said, ** River has her own almost literal BerserkButton, but she can't control it and it's made her insane. [[spoiler: Until the end of Serenity, at least.]]
**** What enables the aforementioned spoiler? [[BigBrotherWorship Her brother in danger.]]
]]
26th Dec '15 3:48:01 PM Winters15
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

* BigBrotherWorship: As a result of the above, River adores her brother.
26th Dec '15 3:47:06 PM Winters15
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

**** What enables the aforementioned spoiler? [[BigBrotherWorship Her brother in danger.]]
23rd Dec '15 7:55:46 PM dissembly14b
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* LibertariansInSpace: The outer frontier worlds, as versus the more crowded Alliance core worlds where the Alliance had a firmer grip on the populace. The rebellion of the Browncoats against the Alliance in the backstory was about defending liberty in the frontier against the oppressive Alliance government, from the Browncoat point of view.

to:

* LibertariansInSpace: Only in a vague, romantic sense. The outer frontier worlds, as versus the more crowded Alliance core worlds where the Alliance had a firmer grip on the populace. The rebellion of the Browncoats against the Alliance in the backstory was about defending liberty independance in the frontier against the oppressive Alliance government, from the Browncoat point of view. view - the Independants fought for Independance. Note that many of the horrors in the series are the result of a for-profit, free-market, dog-eat-dog, Wild West society.
23rd Dec '15 7:22:36 PM dissembly14b
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* ConvenientlyClosePlanet: The planets in the setting are all located within a five-star system, allowing for them to be reached without faster than light travel. [[note]] The orbital mechanics of the system itself are very unlikely; a star system like the one portrayed in the 'Verse would be very unstable at best. Habitable worlds that don't get sterilized regularly are even more of a stretch.[[/note]] However, this can be subverted by unscrupulous types trying to stay off the radar, thus why blowing up in "Out of Gas" becomes so dire: There isn't likely to be another ship for days.

to:

* ConvenientlyClosePlanet: The planets in the setting are all located within a five-star system, allowing for them to be reached without faster than light travel. [[note]] The It was once thought that the orbital mechanics of the such a system itself are very unlikely; a star planetary system like with multiple suns being thought unstable; however, ScienceMarchesOn and real-life examples of multi-star planetary systems have been detected. Multiple different orbital arrangements are possible beyond the one portrayed in the 'Verse would be very unstable at best. Habitable worlds that don't get sterilized regularly are even more unlikely situation of a stretch.planet orbiting two stars at once - for example, planets orbiting single individual stars, which in turn orbit each other, can be perfectly stable.[[/note]] However, this can be subverted by unscrupulous types trying to stay off the radar, thus why blowing up in "Out of Gas" becomes so dire: There isn't likely to be another ship for days.
23rd Dec '15 7:15:29 PM dissembly14b
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* CrapsaccharineWorld: On the surface, the Alliance is a highly advanced democratic civilization. Start digging deeper and you have oppression and abuse perpetrated in the name of [[UtopiaJustifiesTheMeans making them all Better Worlds]]. Such abuse includes kidnapping a teenage girl and screwing with her brain to make her into a weapon and [[spoiler: a behavioral modification experiment that results in the unintentional extermination of an entire population and the creation of the Reavers]].

to:

* CrapsaccharineWorld: On the surface, the Alliance is a highly advanced democratic civilization. Start digging deeper and you have oppression and abuse perpetrated in the name of [[UtopiaJustifiesTheMeans making them all Better Worlds]]. Such abuse includes kidnapping a teenage girl and screwing with her brain to make her into a weapon and [[spoiler: a behavioral modification experiment that results in the unintentional extermination of an entire population and the creation of the Reavers]]. Throughout the series, we see that life is good if you're rich - but heaven help you if you're on one of the worlds subject to half-assed terraforming, needing a vital medicine that's being withheld to up the profits of the manufacturers, or an indebted slave collecting mud for rich owners. Hell, they don't even get folk heroes swooping down to save them... there ain't people like that.
This list shows the last 10 events of 728. Show all.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=Series.Firefly