Toggle Random Buttons
Browse the Tropes
Ask the Tropers
Recent Page Type Changes
Follow TV Tropes
Browse TV Tropes
Ask The Tropers
You Know That Show...
Trope Launch Pad
Crime & Punishment
Music And Sound Effects
Characters As Device
Laws And Formulas
Truth And Lies
Truth In Television
Fate And Prophecy
You need to
to do this.
if you don't have an account
History Recap / StarWarsTheCloneWarsS1E19StormOverRyloth
Back To: Recap / StarWarsTheCloneWarsS1E19StormOverRyloth
18th Feb '17 2:02:19 AM
Is there an issue?
Send a Message
-->''It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.''
The Separatists have taken over the planet of Ryloth, and the Republic is to the rescue. Anakin and Ahsoka are leading the initial assault on the Separatist blockade with three Jedi cruisers, and Ahsoka is being given her first command: a fighter squadron. However, the commander of the blockade, Mar Tuuk, is quite clever, and figures out how to defeat the initial assault. Ahsoka, overconfident, is lured into Tuuk's trap, and loses most of her squadron due to initially refusing to retreat when ordered. The Republic ships are force to retreat, with one of the Jedi cruisers lost in the process.
Ahsoka feels quite guilty over what happened. Anakin, however, has another plan to break the blockade: One of his two surviving cruisers, the ''Defender'', is damaged. He orders it evacuated, with the intent to ram Tuuk's flagship with the empty ship. Meanwhile, Ahsoka will command the rest of their forces in dispatching the remaining Separatist ships. Ahsoka's not sure she's up for the job, but Anakin is confident she's learned from her earlier mistake.
* CrazyEnoughToWork: Anakin's entire strategy for the second attempt at the blockade, involving ramming the command ship with the damaged ''Defender'' and putting Ahsoka in charge of the rest with the expectation she'll be able to come up with a sound plan to win.
* ISurrenderSuckers: Anakin, arriving at Ryloth aboard the empty ''Defender'', tells Mar Tuuk he's been ordered to surrender his ship and crew in exchange for the free passage of relief supplies as a ruse for the ship to get close enough before Tuuk catches on to the actual situation.
* LeeroyJenkins: During the first attempt to break the blockade, Ahsoka, commanding a fighter squadron, refuses to retreat when she's told, leading to the deaths of almost all of her pilots.
* MauveShirt: Axe, the leader of the squadron Ahsoka is put in command of, and who is shot down.
* MythologyGag: The strategy Ahsoka comes up with for the second attempt at breaking the blockade involves angling the ''Resolute'' so its bottom is angled at the Separatist ships to protect the bridge and hangars -- in other words, the Marg Sabl maneuver from ''[[Franchise/StarWarsLegends Legends]]'', famously used by [[Literature/TheThrawnTrilogy Grand Admiral Thrawn]].[[note]]When this episode was first made, this was a CallForward.[[/note]]
* RammingAlwaysWorks: Anakin's crazy plan to destroy Tuuk's flagship by ramming it with a damaged Jedi Cruiser goes off perfectly.
* SpaceIsAnOcean: Averted -- Ahsoka's strategy relies on remembering the 3D element.
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: Mar Tuuk is last seen fleeing the bridge of his command ship for an escape pod, because the creators liked him enough that they wanted to leave a out for him to turn up in future episodes. This didn't happen.
This list shows the last 1 events of 1.