History Main / PseudoCrisis

23rd Aug '16 2:03:36 PM Willbyr
Is there an issue? Send a Message





* In ''BusouRenkin'', Kazuki [[spoiler: sends himself and the villain Victor up to the moon]] at the end of an episode, effectively [="killing"=] the both of them. The other characters spend an entire episode angsting about it, until the beginning of the next episode, when they [[spoiler: simply send some people up to get him]]. Of course it doesn't end that easily, but you have to wonder why they didn't just do that in the first place.

to:

* In ''BusouRenkin'', ''Manga/BusouRenkin'', Kazuki [[spoiler: sends himself and the villain Victor up to the moon]] at the end of an episode, effectively [="killing"=] the both of them. The other characters spend an entire episode angsting about it, until the beginning of the next episode, when they [[spoiler: simply send some people up to get him]]. Of course it doesn't end that easily, but you have to wonder why they didn't just do that in the first place.
2nd Aug '16 11:13:27 AM SeanMurrayI
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* An in-universe one was a focal point in the movie ''{{Film/Misery}}'', when Annie remembers seeing an old movie serial where the hero was caught in his car as it exploded, only to find next week that he got out of the car ahead of time. This triggers her BerserkButton in a serious way.
29th Jun '16 10:19:29 AM HeroGal2347
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* In the ''WesternAnimation/DarkwingDuck'' episode "The Quiverwing Quack", DW, Goslyn, Honker, and Launchpad are all hanging by a rope suspended between buildings. Negaduck cuts one end of the rope with a knife, our heroes start swinging towards the side of a building. Cue closeup of Darkwing's panicked face, cut to commercial... and when we return, they almost immediately crash into the building, followed by Negaduck cutting the opposite end of the rope and letting the heroes fall.

to:

* In the ''WesternAnimation/DarkwingDuck'' episode "The "[[Recap/DarkwingDuckS1E59TheQuiverwingQuack The Quiverwing Quack", Quack]]", DW, Goslyn, Honker, and Launchpad are all hanging by a rope suspended between buildings. Negaduck cuts one end of the rope with a knife, our heroes start swinging towards the side of a building. Cue closeup of Darkwing's panicked face, cut to commercial... and when we return, they almost immediately crash into the building, followed by Negaduck cutting the opposite end of the rope and letting the heroes fall.
17th May '16 9:57:22 AM case
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* The original ''[[WesternAnimation/SpiderMan1967 Spider-Man]]'' cartoon. Half the time he's falling to his death, the other half a villain's attack is approaching him. Would you guess he usually escapes using his web? 90% of the time he swings away. The other 10%, he turns his web into a shield or sling or parachute or trampoline or something.

to:

* The original ''[[WesternAnimation/SpiderMan1967 Spider-Man]]'' cartoon. Half the time he's falling to his death, the other half a villain's attack is approaching him. Would you guess Either way, he usually escapes almost always gets out of it by using his web? web. 90% of the time he simply swings away. The away; the other 10%, he turns his web into a shield shield, sling, parachute, trampoline, or sling or parachute or trampoline or something.[[NewPowersAsThePlotDemands other object]].
21st Dec '15 4:17:04 PM SuperSauce
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** A possible reason might be that [[spoiler:bringing either of them back to Earth would allow them to suck the life force out of anyone and anything nearby]]. It was only after the White Kakugane was finally completed that they could set out.

to:

** A possible reason might be that [[spoiler:bringing either of them back to Earth would allow them to suck the life force out of anyone and anything nearby]]. It was only after the [[spoiler:the White Kakugane was finally completed completed]] that they could set out.
21st Dec '15 4:16:31 PM SuperSauce
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** A possible reason might be that [[spoiler:bringing either of them back to Earth would allow them to suck the life force out of anyone and anything nearby]], which makes one wonder why they decide to go get him at all.

to:

** A possible reason might be that [[spoiler:bringing either of them back to Earth would allow them to suck the life force out of anyone and anything nearby]], which makes one wonder why nearby]]. It was only after the White Kakugane was finally completed that they decide to go get him at all.could set out.
22nd Oct '15 3:59:18 PM TitoMosquito
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* Parodied in ''WesternAnimation/TheSimpsons'' episode "Dog of Death". Santa's Little Helper is looking sickly throughout the first act and eventually collapses on the floor. Grampa tells the family he's died, and they all look on sadly as the commercial break starts. When the show returns, it turns out SLH is in fact still alive, and the family all berate Grampa for deceiving them (he still insists the dog's dead however, despite blatant evidence to the contrary).

to:

* Parodied in ''WesternAnimation/TheSimpsons'' episode "Dog of Death". Santa's Little Helper is looking sickly throughout the first act and eventually collapses on the floor. Grampa tells the family he's died, and they all look on sadly as the commercial break starts. When the show returns, it turns out SLH is in fact still alive, and the family all berate Grampa for deceiving them (he still insists the dog's dead however, despite blatant evidence to the contrary).contrary, tired of the argument he leaves).
17th Oct '15 4:28:30 PM nombretomado
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* Played for laughs in one episode of ''PoliceSquad'' Just before commercial break, Frank Drebin drinks from a glass as he speaks with a woman who we saw drug someone in the teaser. Suddenly the music cues up as he starts gasping and clutching at his throat. After commercial break, it is revealed that his drink went down the wrong pipe.

to:

* Played for laughs in one episode of ''PoliceSquad'' ''Series/PoliceSquad'' Just before commercial break, Frank Drebin drinks from a glass as he speaks with a woman who we saw drug someone in the teaser. Suddenly the music cues up as he starts gasping and clutching at his throat. After commercial break, it is revealed that his drink went down the wrong pipe.
21st Sep '15 1:00:54 PM Headrock
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* ''Series/StarTrekTheNextGeneration'' had an epic one in "Up the Long Ladder", an episode that was more focused on diplomacy rather than any urgent situation (i.e. no battles or powerful evil forces). Right before one of the commercials, Worf spontaneously faints on the bridge! After the commercial break, it is revealed that he just came down with the Klingon equivalent of measles. (The resulting B-plot is actually pretty all right, but still, talk about a Pseudo Crisis).

to:

* ''Series/StarTrekTheNextGeneration'' had an epic one in "Up the Long Ladder", an episode that was more focused on diplomacy rather than any urgent situation (i.e. no battles or powerful evil forces). Right At the end of the teaser, right before one of the commercials, main title, Worf spontaneously faints on the bridge! After the commercial break, main title, it is revealed that he just came down with the Klingon equivalent of measles. (The resulting B-plot is actually pretty all right, but still, talk about a Pseudo Crisis).
21st Sep '15 12:55:55 PM Headrock
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* ''Series/StarTrekTheNextGeneration'' had an epic one in an episode that was more focused on diplomacy rather than any urgent situation (i.e. no battles or powerful evil forces). Right before one of the commercials, Worf spontaneously faints on the bridge! After the commercial break, it is revealed that he just came down with the Klingon equivalent of measles. (The resulting B-plot is actually pretty all right, but still, talk about a Pseudo Crisis).

to:

* ''Series/StarTrekTheNextGeneration'' had an epic one in "Up the Long Ladder", an episode that was more focused on diplomacy rather than any urgent situation (i.e. no battles or powerful evil forces). Right before one of the commercials, Worf spontaneously faints on the bridge! After the commercial break, it is revealed that he just came down with the Klingon equivalent of measles. (The resulting B-plot is actually pretty all right, but still, talk about a Pseudo Crisis).
This list shows the last 10 events of 47. Show all.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=Main.PseudoCrisis