Welcome To TV Tropes
Ask The Tropers
Trope Repair Shop
You Know, That Thing Where...
Remember That Show?
Where is that trope?
Just For Fun
Works That Need A Summary
Trope Repair Shop
Recent Page Type Changes
Find recent edits by troper:
back to: Literature / BalzacAndTheLittleChineseSeamstress
go to discussion page
6th Aug '13 6:12:55 AM
Send JujuP a PM notification explaining the badness of
line(s) 17 (click to see context)
* ArtisticLicenseTraditionalChristianity mixed with ChristianityIsCatholic: The Protestant Pastor who was sweeping the streets was found with a Bible written in Latin. * CulturalRevolution: this story take place after this event. * CulturePolice: The only books allowed are the technical and scientific ones, or those redacted by foreign Maoists such as Hoxha. ** The reason why Four-Eyes hid his books. ** In the beginning, the villagers want to destroy Ma's violin.
line(s) 19 (click to see context)
* [[spoiler:BookBurning: Ma burns all the books after the departure of Little Seamstress]]
line(s) 21 (click to see context)
** Also Four-Eyes, theChief, the old Miller and others.
line(s) 23 (click to see context)
* LifeImitatesArt: After being read ''Literature/TheCountOfMonteCristo'', the old tailor starts designing clothes with French motifs in them.
* LifeImitatesArt: After being read ''Literature/TheCountOfMonteCristo'', the old tailor starts designing clothes with anchors and French motifs in them.
line(s) 27 (click to see context)
* ScrewTheRulesIHaveMoney: It is normally forbidden to slaughter an ox, exepted in cases where the animal is gravely wounded;[[spoiler: Four-Eyes's mother pays the Chief so that an ox "accidentaly" fell and get gravely hurt, requering his killing and making its meat available for the farewell banquet]].
This list shows the last 1 events of 1.
TV Tropes Foundation, LLC
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from