History DidYouJustPunchOutCthulhu / VideoGames

15th Aug '16 6:15:54 PM htuttle
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* ''XCom: Terror from the Deep'' has a partially justified version of this. The "Ultimate Alien" cannot be defeated once he wakes up, but you ''can'' kill him by blowing up the power generators to his cryogenics system first. [[spoiler:The [[StuffBlowingUp explosive result]], however, [[BrokeYourArmPunchingOutCthulhu makes the]] [[NiceJobBreakingItHero earth uninhabitable.]]]]

to:

* ''XCom: Terror from the Deep'' ''VideoGame/XCOMTerrorFromTheDeep'' has a partially justified version of this. The "Ultimate Alien" cannot be defeated once he wakes up, but you ''can'' kill him by blowing up the power generators to his cryogenics system first. [[spoiler:The [[StuffBlowingUp explosive result]], however, [[BrokeYourArmPunchingOutCthulhu makes the]] [[NiceJobBreakingItHero earth uninhabitable.]]]]
22nd Jul '16 4:42:00 AM Morgenthaler
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* The 2D fighting game ''PrayForDeath'' had Cthulhu himself as a '''normally playable character'''.

to:

* The 2D fighting game ''PrayForDeath'' ''VideoGame/PrayForDeath'' had Cthulhu himself as a '''normally playable character'''.
15th Jul '16 11:13:01 AM Ambaryerno
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* In ''QuestForGloryDragonFire'', the Dragon of Doom is not a true dragon, but a fire elemental. One so powerful that it's a perfectly viable option to ''[[EarthShatteringKaboom is to nuke the entire damn island of Silmaria to get rid of it]]'', and it's said in legend that the Dragon can't actually be slain, only imprisoned. So naturally, the Hero goes in and kicks its ass outright. In fact, while one of your allies is ''supposed'' to [[HeroicSacrifice sacrifice themselves]] to even make it possible to defeat and imprison it, it's ''entirely possible'' to destroy the Dragon without it. And if you rescue [[spoiler: Katrina from Hades]], they outright ''refuse'' to allow anyone to die.[[note]]Performing the Sacrifice significantly reduces the Dragon's health, which ''does'' help quite significantly due to the [[TimedMission limited amount of time you have]] to defeat the Dragon. Fortunately, [[spoiler: Katrina]] is ''that'' powerful.[[/note]] ScrewDestiny indeed.

to:

* In ''QuestForGloryDragonFire'', ''QuestForGloryV'', the Dragon of Doom is not a true dragon, but a fire elemental. One so powerful that it's a perfectly viable option to ''[[EarthShatteringKaboom is to nuke the entire damn island of Silmaria to get rid of it]]'', and it's said in legend that the Dragon can't actually be slain, only imprisoned. So naturally, the Hero goes in and kicks its ass outright. In fact, while one of your allies is ''supposed'' to [[HeroicSacrifice sacrifice themselves]] to even make it possible to defeat and imprison it, it's ''entirely possible'' to destroy the Dragon without it. And if you rescue [[spoiler: Katrina from Hades]], they outright ''refuse'' to allow anyone to die.[[note]]Performing the Sacrifice significantly reduces the Dragon's health, which ''does'' help quite significantly due to the [[TimedMission limited amount of time you have]] to defeat the Dragon. Fortunately, [[spoiler: Katrina]] is ''that'' powerful.[[/note]] ScrewDestiny indeed.
15th Jul '16 11:12:40 AM Ambaryerno
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* In ''[[QuestForGloryVDragonFire]]'', the Dragon of Doom is not a true dragon, but a fire elemental. One so powerful that it's a perfectly viable option to ''[[EarthShatteringKaboom is to nuke the entire damn island of Silmaria to get rid of it]]'', and it's said in legend that the Dragon can't actually be slain, only imprisoned. So naturally, the Hero goes in and kicks its ass outright. In fact, while one of your allies is ''supposed'' to [[HeroicSacrifice sacrifice themselves]] to even make it possible to defeat and imprison it, it's ''entirely possible'' to destroy the Dragon without it. And if you rescue [[spoiler: Katrina from Hades]], they outright ''refuse'' to allow anyone to die.[[note]]Performing the Sacrifice significantly reduces the Dragon's health, which ''does'' help quite significantly due to the [[TimedMission limited amount of time you have]] to defeat the Dragon. Fortunately, [[spoiler: Katrina]] is ''that'' powerful.[[/note]] ScrewDestiny indeed.

to:

* In ''[[QuestForGloryVDragonFire]]'', ''QuestForGloryDragonFire'', the Dragon of Doom is not a true dragon, but a fire elemental. One so powerful that it's a perfectly viable option to ''[[EarthShatteringKaboom is to nuke the entire damn island of Silmaria to get rid of it]]'', and it's said in legend that the Dragon can't actually be slain, only imprisoned. So naturally, the Hero goes in and kicks its ass outright. In fact, while one of your allies is ''supposed'' to [[HeroicSacrifice sacrifice themselves]] to even make it possible to defeat and imprison it, it's ''entirely possible'' to destroy the Dragon without it. And if you rescue [[spoiler: Katrina from Hades]], they outright ''refuse'' to allow anyone to die.[[note]]Performing the Sacrifice significantly reduces the Dragon's health, which ''does'' help quite significantly due to the [[TimedMission limited amount of time you have]] to defeat the Dragon. Fortunately, [[spoiler: Katrina]] is ''that'' powerful.[[/note]] ScrewDestiny indeed.
15th Jul '16 11:12:22 AM Ambaryerno
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

* In ''[[QuestForGloryVDragonFire]]'', the Dragon of Doom is not a true dragon, but a fire elemental. One so powerful that it's a perfectly viable option to ''[[EarthShatteringKaboom is to nuke the entire damn island of Silmaria to get rid of it]]'', and it's said in legend that the Dragon can't actually be slain, only imprisoned. So naturally, the Hero goes in and kicks its ass outright. In fact, while one of your allies is ''supposed'' to [[HeroicSacrifice sacrifice themselves]] to even make it possible to defeat and imprison it, it's ''entirely possible'' to destroy the Dragon without it. And if you rescue [[spoiler: Katrina from Hades]], they outright ''refuse'' to allow anyone to die.[[note]]Performing the Sacrifice significantly reduces the Dragon's health, which ''does'' help quite significantly due to the [[TimedMission limited amount of time you have]] to defeat the Dragon. Fortunately, [[spoiler: Katrina]] is ''that'' powerful.[[/note]] ScrewDestiny indeed.
29th Jun '16 3:59:06 AM Zoriax91
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

** Speaking of ''Aria'', prior to the game's events a Belmont fought Dracula. That's usual business; what is not usual is that they killed him ''permanently''. [[spoiler:It was "J" aka Julius Belmont's doing, though it also resulted in [[BrokeYourArmPunchingOutCthulhu decades-long amnesia and the temporary loss of the Vampire Killer whip]]]].
26th Jun '16 12:23:10 PM nombretomado
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* In ''BaldursGate II: Throne of Bhaal'', the final battle pits the epic-level protagonist and his party against [[spoiler:Amellisan, traitorous priestess of Bhaal,]] charged up with about 99% of Bhaal's power. Your protagonist has the remaining 1%. You win.

to:

* In ''BaldursGate II: Throne of Bhaal'', ''VideoGame/BaldursGateIIThroneOfBhaal'', the final battle pits the epic-level protagonist and his party against [[spoiler:Amellisan, traitorous priestess of Bhaal,]] charged up with about 99% of Bhaal's power. Your protagonist has the remaining 1%. You win.
29th May '16 8:31:11 PM M84
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

* In ''Videogame/SaltAndSanctuary'', the shipwrecked survivor will slay countless horrors on the island, culminating in [[spoiler:killing the Nameless God, who did this in his backstory by killing and usurping The Three, and potentially taking his place.]] The survivor can also potentially destroy [[spoiler:the undead Three.]] Several of the bosses are explicitly Cthulhu-inspired horrors called Kraeken that have taken on different forms.
2nd May '16 6:06:38 AM TheOneWhoTropes
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* UminekoNoNakuKoroNi, Battler punches out [[spoiler: [[BigBad Bernkastel]]]] in the face, despite her [[spoiler: [[RealityWarper perfect manipulation of probability]] and TheMultiverse, and her [[SuperWeight ability to throw and tank universe-shattering explosions]].]]

to:

* UminekoNoNakuKoroNi, ''VisualNovel/UminekoWhenTheyCry'', Battler punches out [[spoiler: [[BigBad Bernkastel]]]] in the face, despite her [[spoiler: [[RealityWarper perfect manipulation of probability]] and TheMultiverse, and her [[SuperWeight ability to throw and tank universe-shattering explosions]].]]
1st May '16 1:05:20 AM thatmadork
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

* The entire point of ''VideoGame/MonsterHunter''. It doesn't matter if they face titanic ice wolves, flying and tunnelling Triceratops or mountain-sized Elder Dragons which wipe out ''whole ecosystems'' when they're hungry. The Hunters will find them, kill them, carve them up and make some [[ScaryImpracticalArmour damn awesome outfits]] out of them.
This list shows the last 10 events of 301. Show all.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=DidYouJustPunchOutCthulhu.VideoGames