Archived Discussion

This is discussion archived from a time before the current discussion method was installed.

Adam850:BTW, what series is the picture from? Maybe it could be captioned.

osh: Most definitely Urusei Yatsura.

Adam850: Thanks.

SAMAS Actually, I think the word Glomp may have come from Rumiko Takahashi's mangas. I remember seeing it used quite a few times as a sound effect in Ranma and Urusei Yatsura.

Adam850: It sounds like a onomatopoeia that would be in a comic. Next time I browse the manga I'll look for it. Edit: I found the SFX "Glomp" a few times in the Viz translation of Urusei Yatsura. I actually just read the whole thing last week.
Morgan Wick: Completely random thought: Have any Professional Wrestlers used this as a finisher? (*JARGON ALERT* It's sort of like a same-way-facing bearhug... *END JARGON*)
That Other 1 Dude: That thing from 'Avatar'' wasn't really a glomp, she just grabbed his arm.

Lale: Except it was a "flying tackle" that ended with her "wrapped securely around a part of his body," in this case his arm.
Adam850: Aww... the old picture has the "flying tackle" in it.

Dentaku: But this one is much cuter.